We are back!!!

Find the latest updates & announcement from InkCase Team

We are back!!!

Postby InkCase » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:13 pm

Dear all InkCase Backers,

On behalf of InkCase team, I sincerely apologize for the lack of response and updates for the last couple of weeks. Like all startups we went through the ups and downs just like case studies in entrepreneurs' textbooks. At the end of the Kickstarter campaign, our team was fully focused on overcoming the technical issues to fulfill the backers' shipment, but there were many issues (especially production problems and worldwide shipping costing us a bomb) that almost killing us, and soon we were in financial difficulty, and subsequently some engineers left... (you can probably imagine how much more problem we facing...)

Thankfully we managed to find investors that share the same vision to grow the InkCase ecosystem and willing to fund the next stage of development for InkCase. However, all development resources were diverted into two new projects as to fulfill the requirements outlined by the investors before we can get the new funds.

As a result, the progress of the software updates almost stopped in past two months and I really don't know how to update the forum, but we have not forgotten the backers that have made InkCase's vision possible. I have been reading your posts and I really appreciate all your support and your efforts trying to make InkCase a greater product together. While I'm still waiting for the good news that can be shared with you all, I saw Ice's post on 31/3 (Thank you, Ice) and that's why I'm sharing this update which should have come much earlier.

Anyway, for those who still waiting for new software updates to use your InkCase, do give us few months time to recover, and hopefully you can just bear with the current EpiReader and InkCase Photos which should work to some extent. We are about to launch the two new InkCase products and will come back to InkCase Plus soon (should be by May). Besides, with the new funding from investors, we will strengthen our software development capability to provide more frequent firmware updates and new features for your InkCase. Meanwhile, we will also work out some proposals to compensate you all within our ability as I'm aware that many of you have changed your phones or will be changing one soon.

Last but not least, I'd like to emphasize that we value your feedback and support very much as they are the key ingredients to the success of InkCase. As one of the co-founder, I'll be the point of contact now to make sure your feedback reach us directly. We are grateful for your support and feedback through our darkest hours. Thank you for your patience as we recover over the next few months. If you think you can help us in one way or another, do let us know here or email me directly at bruce.lee@inkcase.com. Thank you very much, Backers!

Cheers,
Bruce.
InkCase
Site Admin

Re: We are back!!!

Postby snickelb » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:19 am

Phew! I was starting to believe the people saying the project was dead. I do, however, foresee Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee jokes in the future. A few questions, for you...

What are the two new projects? I ask in case they might be of interest to us as eink users.

Are you going to elaborate on the SDK section, maybe make available information on how users of non-Android, or no-iOS devices could make their devices 'talk' to the Inkcase? I'm thinking of replacing my phone later this year with a Linux device. In order to do that and still use Inkcase I, or developers of the devices I'm eyeing, would need to be able to make programs that connect to Inkcase and send commands to it, using it like a second screen, telling the buttons what to do, etc. It seems to me that this could be a beneficial thing, as people could use the Inkcase in more ways than you originally envisioned. It would broaden your userbase a little, too.

Congratulations on keeping the business afloat, and good luck in the future
snickelb
Newbies

Postby InkCase » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks snickelb :) The two projects are: InkCase i6 (for iPhone 6 only) and InkCase "Grace" (to be launched soon together with a new smartphone "Grace" within this month and I'll share more info by then with the official name for it). Both are based on 4.3" EINK display with higher reso and better contrast, yet slimmer!
As for your suggestion to support more platforms, that's a great idea and I'll discuss in my team and hopefully we can work out something together! Thanks :)
InkCase
Site Admin

Postby caseden » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:04 pm

I am more than happy to help out however I can. My experience is in software and hardware manuals, UX, and localization - might be of limited use on the very technical side, but it could hopefully make a tiny dent in the work (and stress) load. Encouraging others more technical than I to do teh same. :)
caseden
Newbies

Postby InkCase » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:25 am

caseden wrote:I am more than happy to help out however I can. My experience is in software and hardware manuals, UX, and localization - might be of limited use on the very technical side, but it could hopefully make a tiny dent in the work (and stress) load. Encouraging others more technical than I to do teh same. :)

Thank you very very much!! Will be great if we can get more helper like you to join us! :)
InkCase
Site Admin

Postby teejai » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:10 am

Well good luck in the future. I'm pretty sure most of us on here will agree with me when I say that we really like your hardware. We want to love your product, look forward to the development.
teejai
Newbies

Postby InkCase » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:51 pm

I should have updated the post earlier... Anyway, FYI, InkCase Grace is actually the project code for InkCase P8 and it was launched in April and start shipping in May but at the moment still limited to China market. If any of you are interested to get one before it is available to market outside China, you can write to me at bruce.lee@inkcase.com and I will try to make special arrangement for you. thanks :)
InkCase
Site Admin

Return to News & Announcements