Getting started with your InkCase Plus

Find the latest updates & announcement from InkCase Team

Getting started with your InkCase Plus

Postby InkCase » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:08 pm

Dear all,

For those we haven't started using InkCase Plus or still having problem to get it work, you might want to try this:

1. Uninstall the old versions of InkCase Apps (InkCase Companion, InkCase Photo, InkCase Now, EpiReader), if you have installed previously
2. Download & install InkCase Companion (InkCase Photo and InkCase Now can be downloaded within InkCase Companion)
3. Download & install EpiReader: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3nnhv ... sp=sharing

You should be able to use InkCase Companion to connect to InkCase on your Android phone. From there, you can launch InkCase Photo, EpiReader or other InkCase Apps that you have installed. These apps are still buggy and might not be as user friendly as you expected, but at the minimum, you can still use EpiReader to read ebooks on InkCase, use InkCase Photo to set the pictures (you can also take a screenshot of your to-do list and send to InkCase) you would like to display on InkCase, or use InkCase now to display clock, weather, stock info etc.

Below are some common problems/questions raised by users and I hope you guys can bear with it first with my tips below while waiting for our next release:
1. InkCase might get disconnected quite frequently (especially when you not using it for quite a while). So, you might have to reconnect your InkCase and use EpiReader to “Read on InkCase” again if that happens.
2. Can’t delete pictures on InkCase directly. To “delete” unwanted pictures, you need to send more pictures to InkCase to replace the old ones as InkCase will only hold upto 10 pictures, but that means you might have to resend those pictures you don’t want to delete as they may get replaced too.
3. For Android5.0, can’t read PDF on EpiReader (just show black screen). An alternative is to download the EPUB version of your ebook or convert your PDF to EPUB (you can search online for the converter tools like http://ebook.online-convert.com/convert-to-epub)
4. Font size is too small on InkCase. You need to adjust the font size on EpiReader first before click on “Read on InkCase”
5. Facing problem to connect? When trying to connect InkCase with your smartphone, just to make sure the bluetooth on your smartphone is on and straight away using InkCase Companion to search for your InkCase and connect. If you see a pop-up asking you to verify the Bluetooth password, simply click OK and don't have to worry about it. DON'T use your smartphone system bluetooth interface to connect as it won't work.

Meanwhile, hope you guys can continue to be active in Forum, let me know what problems you facing and share with us more ideas/feedback. We will do our best to assist you with the limited resources we have. Thanks.

p/s: If any of the apps crash, do help to send me (bruce.lee@inkcase.com) the error log (you can use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ctor&hl=en)
Last edited by InkCase on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
InkCase
Site Admin

Re: Getting started with your InkCase Plus

Postby rsrsecchin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:29 am

Hello,

I´ve started testing the most updated versions of Epicreader and InkcaseNow and I have only one complaint at the moment with the reader (I still suggest you guys to contact bluefire to increase your reach of users for reading apps). How can you make it silent without having to remove the phone´s media sound? I don´t like the page turning sound when reading....

Regarding Inkcase Now, it will not always refresh at a 5 min interval. Also, if I use "the close all tab" option in android, the companion app is closed and thus disconnects with the Inkcase, leaving just the Inkcase Now running to just drain my battery without the funcionalities.

Cheers,
rsrsecchin
Newbies

Re: Getting started with your InkCase Plus

Postby InkCase » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:55 am

rsrsecchin wrote:Hello,

I´ve started testing the most updated versions of Epicreader and InkcaseNow and I have only one complaint at the moment with the reader (I still suggest you guys to contact bluefire to increase your reach of users for reading apps). How can you make it silent without having to remove the phone´s media sound? I don´t like the page turning sound when reading....

Regarding Inkcase Now, it will not always refresh at a 5 min interval. Also, if I use "the close all tab" option in android, the companion app is closed and thus disconnects with the Inkcase, leaving just the Inkcase Now running to just drain my battery without the funcionalities.

Cheers,

I've contacted Bluefire. They said they are not in the position to dedicate any resources to this project at this time. And then I asked if he can introduce their other customers (who use Bluefire to develop their reading apps) to me but he explained that they only license compiled apps to their customers, not an SDK. That is, if their app doesn’t support InkCase, their customers' apps also won’t support. So, I guess we got to grow this community slightly bigger first, then only we can get their support. And hopefully after the launch of the two new projects (i6 & "Grace"), we can gain enough traction by end of this year.

For page turning sound in EpiReader, you can disable it in the setting under the reading interface. Let me know if you can't find it :)

For InkCase Now, we should have one new release in May. Stay tuned :)
InkCase
Site Admin

Return to News & Announcements