InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Find the latest updates & announcement from InkCase Team

InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby InkCase » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:23 pm

Dear all,

Please find the beta version here:

InkCaseCompanion_v3.0.1.0_2015.1.20.apk
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 385 times

Notes:
[*]New UI for more intuitive controls
[*]Support Android 5.0
[*]Remove music control
[*]Remove notification function
[*]Remove calling phone control
[*]Changing the app name from Companion to Inkcase Companion

We will continue to improve based on this version. Do give us more feedback and bugs reporting :) and we will keep a bi-weekly update to improve quickly. Thanks!
User avatar
InkCase
Site Admin
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:59 am

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby teejai » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Installs fine on my Nexus 5 5.01. Will monitor.
teejai
Newbies
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby teejai » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:50 am

Must uninstall old version first. Otherwise notifications still show up.
teejai
Newbies
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:36 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby thehitomi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:10 am

Just installed it on my Galaxy S5 running 4.4. Everything went smoothly, music controls are gone and I will keep an eye out for battery usage.

PS: Interface looks a lot prettier, well done, guys! :D
thehitomi
Newbies
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:24 am

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby zaxie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:16 am

Hi,
when will notification function come back ?

keep up the work!
zaxie
Newbies
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby fhrejj » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:17 am

I don't know why but I just can't download it.

Update = If downloading using Android phone, do not click on link. Click and hold on the link. When the command appears, select "Save target as".
Last edited by fhrejj on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fhrejj
Newbies
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:25 am

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby kraynyan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:55 am

This link takes me to a page that says the file is in violation of the terms and conditions.
kraynyan
Newbies
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:41 am

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby singsong » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:51 pm

This would be an update? Have you removed all. There are no notifications, no call waiting, no functionality. But what can I do with this InkCase ??
singsong
Newbies
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby zaxie » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:12 pm

singsong wrote:This would be an update? Have you removed all. There are no notifications, no call waiting, no functionality. But what can I do with this InkCase ??


I agree, the software needs to get back the functionality in a better way.

I would also see a Tasker plugin, so we can control our own notifications, alerts etc.
zaxie
Newbies
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby cerivan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:26 pm

Works better.
InkCase Companion doesn't need to do too much, it just needs to work smoothly and be useful.

I just want a dashboard (weather, calendar, emails, stock, and so on) like the Yotaphone, and this would be awesome :
Image
cerivan
Newbies
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby lstrano » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:05 am

Installed on my HTC M8, but it does not find the InkCase. Tried rebooting both but no luck.
lstrano
Newbies
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:09 am

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby mzemina » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:37 am

cerivan wrote:Works better.
InkCase Companion doesn't need to do too much, it just needs to work smoothly and be useful.

I just want a dashboard (weather, calendar, emails, stock, and so on) like the Yotaphone, and this would be awesome :


cerivan - The problem is that the InkCase screen is too small to show all that information! Plus I think the resolution is much less than the YotaPhone rear screen!
mzemina
Newbies
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby mzemina » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:40 am

fhrejj wrote:I don't know why but I just can't download it.

Update = If downloading using Android phone, do not click on link. Click and hold on the link. When the command appears, select "Save target as".


fhrejj - What version of Android you using and on what phone? I am on Samsung Note 2 with 4.4.2 and I do not get "save as target."
mzemina
Newbies
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby fhrejj » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:47 am

mzemina wrote:
fhrejj wrote:I don't know why but I just can't download it.

Update = If downloading using Android phone, do not click on link. Click and hold on the link. When the command appears, select "Save target as".


fhrejj - What version of Android you using and on what phone? I am on Samsung Note 2 with 4.4.2 and I do not get "save as target."


Sorry. I meant "save link" Samsung galaxy 3. Not sure about the android version
fhrejj
Newbies
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:25 am

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby cerivan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 pm

mzemina wrote:
cerivan wrote:Works better.
InkCase Companion doesn't need to do too much, it just needs to work smoothly and be useful.

I just want a dashboard (weather, calendar, emails, stock, and so on) like the Yotaphone, and this would be awesome :


cerivan - The problem is that the InkCase screen is too small to show all that information! Plus I think the resolution is much less than the YotaPhone rear screen!



Of course, the resolution on the Yota is not so great, it's only a picture...
But although the resolution of the InkCase, I'm sure that a similar dashboard is really editable... Some design, and many information could stay on the screen...
cerivan
Newbies
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby winkj » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:50 am

Dear InkCase team,

Works great on Android 5.0.2, thanks for the update.

That said, I looked at the permissions needed and some of them are scary. Why do you need these? Excerpt here:
  • reroute outgoing calls
  • modify contacts
  • modify and delete SD card
  • change network connectivity
  • change audio settings
winkj
Newbies
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:16 am

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby smr108 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:46 am

Why were these features removed?

Remove music control
Remove notification function
Remove calling phone control
smr108
Newbies
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:29 am

Re: InkCase Companion v3.0.1.0 (2015.1.20)

Postby smr108 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:00 am

I uninstalled everything and used the beta link to reinstall the companion. I don't see any changes from the current version.
smr108
Newbies
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:29 am


Return to News & Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron