Find the latest updates & announcement from InkCase Team

Re: Software Release Schedule

Postby smr108 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:05 pm

Where is the ink case now software?
smr108
Newbies

Postby rsrsecchin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:52 pm

I'm still waiting for the updates on Google Play... Any news on that front?
rsrsecchin
Newbies

Postby InkCase » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Guys,
We are back from a long long Chinese New Year Holiday and our team will get back to you guys soon! :)
InkCase
Site Admin

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Happy new year! :D

The release schedule looks great, and thanks for your continued development! I had trouble finding the download links/APKs... maybe adding the link/info to the thread up top in the first/main post? I stumbled across this thread via Google search, so never had to manually navigate through the forum.

Would it be possible to have a "file archive" somewhere? It would be amazing to be able to go and download the latest releases, pre-releases, and archived versions. Sometimes an older version will work better than a newer one, and for now, I think many people would appreciate this. I know later when the apps are stable, this may not be maintained, but I think right now we need the ability to test and download the latest versions!

Whether it's here, Dropbox, or any public-accessible space... it works for me. Thanks!!!
Ice
Newbies

Postby kentchan4 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:47 pm

I experience on inkcase connect with my phone.
It can connected at very first after reboot. However, once my phone sleep, everything stop working like Ink Now and even the connection with Inkcase. I need to reboot in order to have it connect again.

BTW, anyone know how to remove all the old stuff in ink case? I have remove Sport but the old "photos" still existing in my Inkcase.

thanks,
Kent
kentchan4
Newbies

Postby peng1can » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:15 am

The developers mentioned in another thread that there is no way to delete content from the device right now. I think they went so far as to say that was going to require a firmware update to do so! All of the phones that we got these custom cases for are going to be obsolete before we get working devices.
peng1can
Newbies

Postby kvj » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:39 am

InkCase wrote:Guys,
We are back from a long long Chinese New Year Holiday and our team will get back to you guys soon! :)

To InkCase developers:

Well, some Release Schedule is always better than no schedule at all, but current state of things looks terrible. Based on Schedule, you guys focus on features but we, users, just can not use them, even those are "implemented". You don't address connectivity and performance issues at all, but those are stopping me and others to use InkCase.

Based on my personal experience and reports from others, following issues are there for every version of companion app:
  • BlueSocket=Null is constantly appearing on the screen
  • App is having troubles reconnecting to device
  • Battery usage. Are you keeping WAKE_LOCK?? Don't you know other ways to maintain BT connection to device in background?

Without addressing those issues, I see no reason to even try new version of any app from you.

PS:
AFAIK, hardware part and purpose of InkCase is very similar to Pebble watch, and Pebble Companion App should be perfect example of HOW this should be implemented. Although UX is not the strongest part of Pebble App, device communication and SDK are just perfect
kvj
Newbies

Postby peng1can » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:49 am

I have to agree with the previous comment. As it stands, I can find no reliable use for this device. It's not just that it doesn't do everything that was promised, it's that it doesn't do anything reliably. The only feature that even comes close is to being usable is the photo album feature, but if we can't even delete items from the device, that is far from practical.

I would have preferred that you waited a year and shipped a completed product (who knows how much better the hardware could have been a year later) than send me a plastic brick with the promise that it might be useful someday. As it stands, I consider this yet another failed kickstarter project.
peng1can
Newbies

Postby calibearr » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:27 pm

I have bought before a photo key chain for $6 that had by far more functionality than this useless and unstable InkCase+. Then it is very frustrating to hear that not only are none of the issues fixed, but you have the audacity to apologize about taking a long Chinese New Year holiday...
calibearr
Newbies

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:48 am

InkCase - any updates for us? I noticed you last logged in recently on Mar 17, but doesn't seem like any reply since Feb 26. Thanks!
Ice
Newbies

Postby henningh » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:08 pm

Yeah - are you still there? I can live with slow progress and don't expect you guys to perform miracles, but from our perspective it often looks like you have simply given up and moved on (if that is your plan great, but please make the device usable first - I still can't use Epireader and no one seems to be doing anything about it.)
henningh
Newbies

Postby Nejro » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:16 am

So, support ended ....?
Nejro
Newbies

Postby Ice » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:57 pm

I agree that some updates would be good. I'm not expecting miracles either, but regular updates on what/why things are slow would at least give us some understanding on what's going on.

InkCase... apparently Last visited: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:50 pm
Ice
Newbies

Postby teejai » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:58 pm

wow, it's now April and I still can't use this.
teejai
Newbies

Postby ez-mouse » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:19 pm

Come on admin, u are online, dont come just for laugh of us

ez-mouse
Newbies

Postby InkCase » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:08 pm

Dear all InkCase Backers,

On behalf of InkCase team, I sincerely apologize for the lack of response and updates for the last couple of weeks. Like all startups we went through the ups and downs just like case studies in entrepreneurs' textbooks. At the end of the Kickstarter campaign, our team was fully focused on overcoming the technical issues to fulfill the backers' shipment, but there were many issues (especially production problems and worldwide shipping costing us a bomb) that almost killing us, and soon we were in financial difficulty, and subsequently some engineers left... (you can probably imagine how much more problem we facing...)

Thankfully we managed to find investors that share the same vision to grow the InkCase ecosystem and willing to fund the next stage of development for InkCase. However, all development resources were diverted into two new projects as to fulfill the requirements outlined by the investors before we can get the new funds.

As a result, the progress of the software updates almost stopped in past two months and I really don't know how to update the forum, but we have not forgotten the backers that have made InkCase's vision possible. I have been reading your posts and I really appreciate all your support and your efforts trying to make InkCase a greater product together. While I'm still waiting for the good news that can be shared with you all, I saw Ice's post on 31/3 (Thank you, Ice) and that's why I'm sharing this update which should have come much earlier.

Anyway, for those who still waiting for new software updates to use your InkCase, do give us few months time to recover, and hopefully you can just bear with the current EpiReader and InkCase Photos which should work to some extent. We are about to launch the two new InkCase products and will come back to InkCase Plus soon (should be by May). Besides, with the new funding from investors, we will strengthen our software development capability to provide more frequent firmware updates and new features for your InkCase. Meanwhile, we will also work out some proposals to compensate you all within our ability as I'm aware that many of you have changed your phones or will be changing one soon.

Last but not least, I'd like to emphasize that we value your feedback and support very much as they are the key ingredients to the success of InkCase. As one of the co-founder, I'll be the point of contact now to make sure your feedback reach us directly. We are grateful for your support and feedback through our darkest hours. Thank you for your patience as we recover over the next few months. If you think you can help us in one way or another, do let us know here or email me directly at bruce.lee@inkcase.com. Thank you very much, Backers!

Cheers,
Bruce.
InkCase
Site Admin

Postby Nejro » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Yes.... there are no words. one emotions.....
Would know, I didn't get this product... Time doesn't stand still. One promises.... I personally very am not happy.
Nejro
Newbies

Postby InkCase » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi Nejro,
While we are waiting for the new software update, perhaps you can tell me the problem you facing now and hopefully I can share with you some workaround for you to be able to at least use the basic features of InkCase?
InkCase
Site Admin

Previous

Return to News & Announcements